Consultant/Senior Consultant - Risk & Regulatory Compliance
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant with Financial Services background, having worked preferably within banking & financial services sectors.
Our projects are geared around delivering Risk and Regulatory across domains.
Consultant / Senior Consultant, Hong Kong (Risk & Regulatory)
Due to our growth in Asia, we are looking for a Consultant / Senior Consultant to join our Risk & Regulatory team in Hong Kong.
You will help to build our expertise and guarantee the quality of delivery to ensure market-leading practices for our Hong Kong office, taking into account the global nature of our organisation and our clients.
- Participate in projects with leading banks and Financial Institutions
- Conduct regulatory compliance review, internal control review, policies and procedures, risk and compliance advisory and other independent assessments as per the regulatory requirements
- Be hands on and contribute to the successful execution of client projects.
- Assist in the development of new intellectual property including leading-edge research on white papers, supporting the development of marketing materials, and assist in publishing articles
- Work closely with our other offices and leverage our global network to take part in cross-selling initiatives and widely share our knowledge
More experienced candidates will have these additional responsibilities :
- Independently drive the success of a work stream by directing activities, ensuring high quality deliverables, and timely submissions
- Managing a team of consultants by defining meaningful work packages, managing activities, and close mentorship
- Participate in business development activities including content development, proposal preparation, and sales presentations
- Share consulting best practices with the team
Specific areas of expertise :
Ideally, you would have project experience in one or more of these areas :
- Regulatory compliance review
- HKMA independent compliance assessment
- Compliance advisory on AML, sanctions data privacy, data quality, ESG etc.
- Risk management on liquidity, operational and / or climate
- Information security risk management
- Understanding of regulatory requirements, such as Basel, HKMA and SFC rules, AML, GDPR, Data privacy etc.
- Compliance automation and / or RegTech
Key Requirements :
- University graduate or above in accounting, business, information technology or related disciplines.
- 3 to 6 years' relevant experience in risk and regulatory compliance within a reputable consulting firm. Those with less experience could be considered for Consultant level.
- Familiar with HKMA and / or SFC regulations
- Holder of professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA, FRM, CAMS, CISA, CISSP, CIA and / or other related qualification is an advantage.
- Good project management and stakeholder management skills
- Strong interpersonal, logical and analytical skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and team leadership skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Fluency in Mandarin is an advantage.
In addition to the strong consulting skills and business knowledge that our clients value, the ideal candidate must possess an entrepreneurial mind-set with both a drive and willingness to be involved in all areas of a growing business.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.